New Town Football Club
1878……New Town Football Club founded.
1879……New Town Football Club commenced competition in the newly formed Tasmanian Football Association.
1887……New Town amalgamated with Glenorchy Football Club to form the Victoria Football Club that played in a Junior competition.
1905……New Town had reformed under its original name to compete in the Southern Tasmanian Football Association until it became defunct in 1907.
1919……A group of enthusiastic football supporters came together in late 1918 to reform the New Town Football Club. The Club competed in a local junior competition during the early part of the 1919 season before joining the newly formed Southern Tasmanian Junior Football Association.
1921……New Town Football Club joined the senior competition, namely the Tasmanian Football League.
1942–1944……The Tasmanian Football League went into recess following the outbreak of the 2nd World War and resumed in 1945.
1945……The Tasmanian Football League resumed competition under the banner of a District Boundary system. Clubs in the competition adopted the word District to their respective names, hence the : New Town District Football Club.
1957……New Town changed its name to Glenorchy District Football Club and moved from its New Town oval to King George Fifth oval at Glenorchy.
Read more about the early years of the New Town Football Club